Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bumba Fish Farmer's Seminar

I haven't written for several weeks, because I've heard very little from the field.  Emmanuel Dole, our Aquaculture Development Coordinator, was traveling to the region of Bumba for the fourth installment of our training seminar series.  He was out of range of internet and tells me that he decided to leave his computer at home anyway to avoid theft and damage on the road.  Good choice.  I will relay reports and hopefully photos of his travel and activities as he sends them to me.

A report came out yesterday from Save the Children citing DR Congo as the worst country in the world to be a mother (see report).  I know that this is not directly related to what we are doing in that country, but ultimately it speaks to the value of all forms of development that can bring greater health and prosperity to families and communities.  Aquaculture does this in northern DRC.  We are making a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment